Le Cheval Blanc by the SeineCaudebec en Caux
Le Cheval Blanc by the Seine
A very comfortable and friendly hotel located in the centre of Caudebec en Caux, a lively town on the banks of the Seine. The river is still heavily used for transporting goods and the town’s prosperity is still very much linked to it. Caudebec is surrounded by dense forest and is an ideal starting point for your exploration of this region.
Le Cheval Blanc is a classic Logis de France, stylish and comfortable but with a certain homely charm. A warm welcome is guaranteed from the friendly owners. The rooms are very comfortable, and there’s a secure car park if you’ve travelled here by car. It’s well worth enjoying a wander through the streets of Caudebec, we enjoyed visiting Notre-Dame which dominates the small town. There are some fine villas on the outskirts, many of which you’ll pass on your first day’s walk. Caudebec has everything you’ll need in terms of banks, post office and so on - it’s worth bearing in mind that such facilities will become rare until you eventually arrive at La Bouille.
The hotel restaurant is very smart, quite formal and clearly popular with the local townspeople. The food here is delicious, making full use of the local produce for which the region is justifiably famous. Although some distance from any wine producing area of note, the selection on offer here is good. The hotel also has a comfortable lounge, a great spot to exchange notes with other walkers and cyclists.
- Terrine de volaille au pommeau comme autrefois
- Tartare de saumon aux pommes et huîtres
- Feuilleté de foie gras, champignons sauce forestière
- Pomme au four lardée, fondant de camembert
- Trou Normand
- Cassolette de poissons et crustacées en croûte
- Rognon de veau au Calvados
- Pièce de boeuf, farcie au Pont l'Evêque
- Millefeuille de truite de St. Wandrille
- Filet de canard de Duclair, aux fruits
- Trio Normand sur salade et pomme fruit
- Millefeuille de camembert aux pommes caramélisées
- Neuchâtel chaud, caramel salé sur salade
- Tiramisu Normand
- Tarte fine aux poires, caramel à la fleur de sel
- Crème brulée à la Bénédictine
- Smart hotel with an attractive riverside location
- Beautiful restaurant with wonderful food
- Comfortable modern bedrooms
Seine Valley River Walk
Ancient woodland and ruined abbeys
With one or two steep sections to negotiate each day, this route rises from the river valley, taking in forest tracks through glorious woodland, towpaths along the slow moving Seine and quiet lanes leading past romantic ruined abbeys. The...