La Prévôte L'Isle sur la Sorgue
La Prévôté, a former 17th century convent nestles on a small street behind the church. A wrought iron gate shelters this exceptional residence from curious eyes, where the owners Séverine and Jean-Marie will be ready with a warm welcome.
Bedrooms are furnished with interesting pieces sourced from local antique shops and the decor ranges from vibrant yellows to warm wine tints, from stylish ecru to provençal pastel pinks and greens. Each room has its own colour and a theme drawn from the past: the ironworker, the winemaker, the gleaner. Terracotta floor tiles, wood beams, quilts and painted furniture give the rooms real character and authenticity and there are peaceful views of the interior courtyard, the river, the church or the town's rooftops.
Jean-Marie offers a gourmet cuisine in pure provençal tradition with culinary creations combining regional products and seafood from the Mediterranean. You may find yourself deliberating between the saddle of rabbit stuffed with goat's cheese and olives or the grilled monkfish in a red wine sauce, but all the dishes are generous and colourful.
Séverine has created a pleasant setting, with a stylish, light and modern décor featuring velvet stripes on a linen background and classic leaf prints. On sunny evenings you can enjoy the typically provençal interior courtyard and dine in the shade of the olive tree or near the fountain.
- Fresh smoked salmon in a cheesecake with flavours of combawa
- Ripe tomatoes in three tartars and a jumble of sweet peppers marinated in fresh garlic
- Foie gras of duck, crumble of rhubarb and gingerbread, balsamic caramel
- Courgette flower and summer truffle on a risotto of small wheatgrains with emulsion of cep
- Fillet of duck roasted with fried Grenaille potatoes and sliced peaches soaked in a peach cream
- Scallops with grains of couscous, white grapes and caramelised shallots in a purée of chick peas
- Red Mullet grondin in a pancake stuffed with crab, trio of seasonal buttered vegetables and crab sauce
- Iced Nougat with stewed red fruits and fresh fig
- Apricot in a vacherin, sorbet and whipped cream
- Raspberry, almond biscuit, white deep chocolate
- Slate board of cheese
Breakfast is homemade and features local products (lavender honey, jam, Provence-style breads, fresh fruit, high quality tea and more).
- Flat screen TV
- Queen-size beds
- L'Occitane hospitality products