La Calestienne is a Maison bourgeoise from the early 20th century in a quiet location in the little town of Nismes in Belgium.
It has 8 bedrooms, all with an en suite bathroom. Throughout the house the style is of the early 20th century and the owner Mr Vanbeveren has kept a lot of the decorative elements. Furniture, ornaments and tiles are all evocative of that period and reflect past times but with the comfort of our century.
The meals prepared by Mr Vanbeveren are healthy and prepared with home grown produce. You can choose from a nice selection of beers, mostly Belgian and local. Good selection of herbal teas. Home made jams, honey, chocolate paste are for sale in the dining-room. Packed lunches are available on request. Weather permitting, meals can be served in the garden.
- soupe de carottes au chermoula d'ail des ours
- plie marinée en herbes du jardin à la pâte grèque
- tarte aux prunes Queen Vicoria.
- quiche aux petits--pois à la truite de Cendron
- ragout de sanglier au choux frisé et purée de bernagie
- cake aux groseilles maquereaux du jardin et raisins
- En suite bathroom
- Lounge with television
- Books and magazines
- Garden with outdoor sitting
Ardennes Voie Verte
Discover the secrets of this mysterious valleyTake the Voie Verte, a disused railway track turned cycle path on the Belgian border, through the most beautiful landscapes of the Ardennes with its fortified towns and churches. This moderate route allows for interesting stops beside the s...