Château de Vallagon
In an idyllic valley of the lovely Loir-et-Cher, Château de Vallagon is surrounded by famous Loire chateaux such as Chambord, Cheverny and Chenonceau. In 2005, the current Dutch owners bought this beautiful domaine and the surrounding properties. Today, with its 12 rooms and suites, Château de Vallagon is a charming three star hotel with a gastronomic restaurant where guests can enjoy an authentic French but modern cuisine. Chateau de Vallagon is surrounded by a park with fruit and nut trees. Fresh herbs and vegetables are grown in a 160 year old greenhouse and used by the Chef.
- Cannellonis – homard – parmesan – herbes – mousse pleurotes
- Veau – thon – salade- mayonnaise – veau panée – pommes de terre
- Ecrevisses – œufs panés – épinards – mayonnaise pimentée
- Crème – pleurotes – lardons – herbes – croûtons – moutarde
- Boudin noir –crème betterave – st. Jacques – aceto balsamique
- Ris de veau – médaillon de veau – cantharelles – sauce porto
- Coquelet – lentilles – carottes – lardons – herbes – betteraves
- Côte de porc – pommes de terre sucre – moutarde
- Faux filet – gratin – champignons de Bourré – sauce porto foie gras
- Risotto du chef – légumes – champignons de Bourré – parmesan
- Thon grillé – crevettes grises – vinaigrette – haricots verts – fettuccine
- Homard – épinards – parmesan – pommes de terre – beurre blanc
- Bar filet – câpres – citronnelle – tomates – gnocchis – herbes – crème petits pois
- Outdoor swimming pool
- TV lounge
- Free WiFi in bedrooms
Discover rivers, forests, vineyards and châteauxWith easy cycling along country lanes, this holiday enables you to create your own itinerary. Explore all the faces of the region from Montrichard, on the banks of the River Cher, to the peaceful village of Chitenay. Here are our suggestion...
Château to Château en Vélo
Pretty villages and enchanting châteauxThis easy cycling holiday takes you past princely mansions standing next to picturesque farm houses, and fields of sunflowers merging with uniform rows of vineyards. There is ample opportunity for tasting some of the local wines.
Château to Château à Pied
Famous names and hidden gemsThis easy walk through the Garden of France follows the limestone banks of the Loire. Turn inland through vineyards and flower-decked villages to take in some of the region’s most enchanting châteaux and their gardens.