Château de SiranSiran
Château de Siran
The Chateau de Siran is a charming 3-star hotel on the banks of the Aude and Herault in the heart of Minervois in the Regional Park of Haut Languedoc. Located in the triangle of Carcassonne, Narbonne and Beziers, the small village of Siran is at the heart of the vineyards and villages. The castle is a 16th century country house built on a wall dating from the Middle Ages. The vaulted rooms on the ground floor, high ceilings, wall thickness, the remarkable renaissance sandstone staircase from Aigne, and the remains of the stairs to the walkway are the testimonies of the time.
In spring 2010, the new owners of the chateau took over with the ambition to make it a warm and welcoming hotel of charm and hospitality in which to welcome their guests. A heated swimming pool has been installed in the courtyard with Gothic arches, allowing guests to bathe and relax in tranquillity and privacy.
With 11 elegant rooms, named after various delicate flowers, each has been individually decorated with personal touches. Many of the rooms overlook the gardens and the vineyards in all their natural beauty. Those with a terrace overlook the picturesque village of Siran.
The Chateau de Siran’s restaurant offers generous, friendly and tasty cooking that invites you to discover the authentic flavours of southern France. We like to work with fresh and seasonal ingredients. We make our own pastry, pâte feuilletée, crème brûlée and change the menus regularly throughout the year to offer you exciting and unique tastes, but in a simple way.
Depending on the season, we offer:
- Green asparagus, with parmesan shavings, and ham from the black mountain
- Medley of melon, roquette and blue Causses cheese
- Small artichokes sweet and sour
- Guinea fowl with bacon and "rates" candied with rosemary
- Pork confit with wine from the Minervois and crunchy vegetables
- Goats' cheese of Bize Minervois in puff pastry with baby spinach
- Grilled Salmon with citrus butter and ratatouille
- Saddle of rabbit with almonds
- Creme brulee infused with lavender.
- Mille feuille of strawberries with white chocolate froth
- Apricot and raspberry crumble
- Roasted figs, almond cream and biscuits
- En suite rooms
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor swimming pool
Canal du Midi Prestige
Ancient cities and idyllic waterways
From the extraordinary fortified town of Carcassone to the sandy beaches of the Mediterranean, travel down tree lined towpaths, over beautiful stone bridges and through some of the prettiest scenery in southwest France, ending each day in...